It’s time to nominate someone (or yourself) to serve on the Myers PTA executive board
Virginia A. Myers PTA officer elections are coming up! Here is a list of positions available on the board, and a brief description of their duties:
- President – Presides over each meeting; coordinates the work of the officers and committees; is responsible for contracts and financial paperwork
- 1st Vice President of Membership – Presides in absence of president; is aide to the president; is in charge of membership
- 2nd Vice President of Ways and Means – Presides in absence of president in designated order and oversees/coordinates fundraising
- 3rd Vice President of Volunteers – Presides in absence of president in designated order and coordinates volunteer efforts
- Secretary – Records minutes of all meetings; maintains certain records
- Treasurer – Has custody of all the funds; keeps books of account and records; responsible for presenting financial reports
To serve on the PTA board, you must have completed a criminal background check. You may do so online by going here. You must also be a member of the Virginia A. Myers PTA prior to taking office. You may still join by sending your $6.00 membership dues in an envelope with your name, address, and phone number, along with your child or children’s name, teacher and grade.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the Virginia Myers PTA executive board, please provide the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Position nominated for
- Phone number of nominee
- Is nominee a member of the Virginia A. Myers PTA?
- Has nominee completed a criminal background check?
- Your name (if different from nominee)
- Relation to nominee
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Desiree Arenas, PTA President, at DesireeArenas_PTA@hotmail.com.
Thank you for supporting Myers PTA!